- Competitors must wear a protective helmet with cover at all times when mounted – Manufactured to one of the following standards:-
BS Kitemark and CE and either PAS015:1998, BS EN1384: 1997, EN13834:1996, or
Snell E2001with CE and the official Snell number.
A jockey skull cap with no fixed peak must be worn.
Hats will be checked on the day.
- Medical armbands and effective body protectors must be worn for the cross-country.
- Ages of competitors as on 1st January of the year of the event entered. Horses/Ponies must be at least 4 years old may not compete more than twice.
- Riders will be restricted to two horses per class initially. Further entries will depend on available spaces at closing date
- Novice restrictions apply for classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Combination of horse and rider which has been competing at a higher-level course than that entered can only be accepted as a Hors Concours entry and provided space is available
- Competitors will be asked to leave the course after elimination due to the third refusal, run out or circle at the same fence.
- Excessive use of spurs, whip etc and the use of offensive language by competitors or supporters will be heavily penalised.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times.
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel or change any class or awards.
- Entry money will only be refunded for withdrawals made before the closing date.
LEGAL LIABILITY – Save for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the
organiser, or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of any
event to which these rules apply, nor any agent employee or representative of these
bodies, accepts any liability for any accidents, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses,
owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any other
person or property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract
or in any other way whatsoever.
HEALTH AND SAFETY– The organisers of this event have taken reasonable precautions
to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective,
everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring
and must obey the instructions of the Organisers, Officials and stewards. All persons
attend AT THEIR OWN RISK.