Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we’ve made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 Burton Hunter Trials and Dog Show. The good news is, through the goodwill of our local land owners and farmers, we will now be holding 3 pleasure rides throughout August and September.
Although we are disappointed we cannot hold the hunter trials this year, we are pleased to announce we will be hosting a series of pleasure rides just North of Lincoln throughout August and September.
Venues and dates as follows:
Sunday 9th August (entries close 6/8/20) – Cammeringham Top Yard, Cammeringham Hill, Cammeringham, Lincoln, LN1 2YH
Saturday 22nd August (entries close 20/8/20) – The Burton Hunt Kennels, Riseholme, Lincoln, LN2 2LE
Sunday 6th September (entries close 3/9/20) – West Firsby (taking in Hackthorn), LN8 2DL
The routes will encompass off road tracks and fields. These rides can be taken at your own pace, so are suitable for all ages and capabilities.
Burton Hunt Pleasure Ride Terms of Entry
- Pre entry only, strictly not entry on the day.
- Entries £15 per person. Entries are not refundable.
- Once we have received your entry, we will email you your number. Please print this off and bring with you on the day.
- Riders will be given a start time with 10 – 15 minute intervals.
- The ride will start at 10am. Within each 15 minute time slot a maximum of 6 horses will be allowed to start with the last riders leaving at 3pm.
- Social distancing must be adhered to whilst riding in groups.
- Routes will be approximately 8 to 10 miles.
- Please do not arrive more than 30 minutes before your designated time slot and park at least 10 metres away from any other vehicle.
- All riders must report to the stewards on arrival, and completion of the ride
- Hard hats and suitable footwear must be worn at all times.
- Good riding manners are requested at all times. Please be cautious when overtaking others as they may be novice riders, or on young horses.
- Riders should take note of ground conditions and ride at an appropriate speed to mitigate the risk of slipping, falling or losing control of their horse/ pony.
- The route will be clearly signed with arrows on posts or sprayed on the ground.
- If you get lost on the route, please call the number provided or ask one of the stewards.
- Neither the landowners nor the organisers nor anyone acting on their behalf accept responsibility for loss, damage, accident, illness or injury to ponies, horses, riders and spectators or their property. It is a condition of entry that each rider shall hold the landowners and organisers harmless and that he/she shall be deemed to indemnify the aforesaid against any legal proceedings, expenses or damages whatsoever arising from any incident they are involved in. Everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organisers and stewards.
- There will be takeaway catering and refreshments.
- There will not be a toilet available on site.
- All riders must have 3rd party liability insurance.
- When you have finished, we kindly ask that you depart as quickly as possible. This is to ensure we can all keep the social distancing rules and ensure everyone’s safety.
- In order to adhere to track and trace protocols under current covid-19 restrictions, we will ask you for all rider contact details when you complete this entry.
- Riders are to abide by the Government guidelines with regards to Coronavirus, abiding by the 2m social distancing rule.
- Everyone taking part or supporting a rider(s) must observe standard social distancing measures:
- Stay a minimum of 2m apart from people not from the same household when mounted and on the ground.
- Please cough or sneeze into a tissue, which should be taken home with you and discarded in a closed topped bin.
- Wash/ sanitise your hands regularly and especially after touching something that has been touched by other people
Riding horses is a high-risk sport and riders taking part in this ride acknowledge this and do so at their own risk and that the organisers and land owners will not be accountable or responsible for any loss, damage or injury to rider, horse or equipment howsoever caused, including Covid-19.
ANYONE DISPLAYING ANY COVID-19 SYMPTOMS MUST NOT ATTEND
stay safe and enjoy your ride